Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital is located in Wheat Ridge, Colorado, just a hop, skip, and a jump away from Denver. Spectacular scenery, year-round outdoor recreation, and a focus on health and well-being attract people from all over the world to this laid-back, fun-loving city.
Living in the “Mile-High City”
With some of the best weather in the country, Denver boasts nearly 300 days of sunshine per year. At 5,280 feet—one mile—above sea level, the sky is bluer and the stars shine brighter here. Panoramic views grace the horizon, with the Rocky Mountains less than an hour’s drive away. With nature like this, you won’t want to spend your time inside.
- Get some green —You’ll love the endless biking paths, beautifully designed community spaces, and expertly planned events regularly held at the many parks in and around Denver.
- Like music? Don’t miss Jazz Fest, held Sunday evenings throughout the summer at City Park.
- Need to get moving? Run a lap or two around Washington Park.
- Want to take in views of the city, the South Platte River, and the mountains all at the same time? Take a stroll through Confluence Park.
- Ski or board until your heart’s content — With world-renowned ski resorts just a car ride away, your weekends will be filled with hitting the slopes in dreamy locations, like Steamboat Springs, Vail, Aspen, and more.
- Connect with (wild) animals — Denver’s Rocky Mountain Arsenal is home to bison, deer, waterfowl, coyotes, and countless other species. Keep an eye out for the local wildlife as you venture along the 10 miles of paths in this wildlife refuge.
- Quench your thirst — All that outdoor activity got you feeling thirsty?
- This “Napa Valley of Beer” is home to the most microbreweries next to Portland, so a thirst for new and unique brews is easily quenched in Denver.
- And, with more than 800 breweries and thousands of beers available for sampling, don’t miss the Great American Beer Fest, an event that showcases the largest variety of beer served at any public tasting across the country.