Located in San Marcos, California, Veterinary Specialty Hospital – North County is only 30 minutes north of one of America’s favorite cities: San Diego. Just far enough away to escape the hustle and bustle of a major city, but still close enough to enjoy all the amenities city life has to offer, San Marcos has something for everyone.
Living in “The Valley of Discovery”
San Marcos is a gem just waiting to be discovered by you. A few reasons you’ll want to call this oasis by the sea your home:
- Community: Nicknamed “San Parkos,” this city boasts 18 major parks and 16 mini parks, making it ideal for the outdoor lover. Dedicated to parks and community services, residents of all ages here enjoy a vast array of recreational and cultural programs.
- Nature: With 63 miles of hiking, biking, and equestrian trails through rolling hills and a plethora of beaches to enjoy, you’ll never lack a scenic view.
- Whale-watching: During a 2.5-hour whale-watching tour with Davey’s Locker, you’ll be captivated by five different species of whales and dolphins. Enthusiasts get up close and personal with these beautiful creatures during year-round tours.
- Double Peak Park: Pack a picnic lunch and hike to the top of this breathtaking park. At the summit, tables and benches, and a telescope give you a great place to take a break and revel in the panoramic view. You’ve earned it!
- Entertainment — San Marcos and the surrounding communities are growing, and so are the shopping, dining, and entertainment options. A few options include:
- The stellar shopping at Creekside Marketplace
- Sampling the 15 restaurants at Old California Restaurant Row
- Taking in the theatrical productions at the San Marcos Community Center
- Relaxing in the great outdoors and appreciating the Summer Concerts in the Gardens